Overview

I started playing organ in church when I was only fourteen years old. I played my first full service on organ without having any formal organ lessons and started taking lessons after I saw that my first service went extremely well. After studying with Debra LeBrun for a few months, I started playing at my church quite frequently and was hired around my home town as a subsitute organist and to play for special events, such as graduations or ceremonies at my high school. In June of 2015, I took charge of the Raleigh Court United Methodist Church Music Ministry for three weeks as our Director of Music Ministries was out because of surgery on her hand. During this time, I led choirs and played organ for weekly services.

First United Methodist Church

On February 7, 2016, I was hired as Organist at First United Methodist Church of Lenoir, NC. This church was left a little unorganized when their previous Organist/Choir Director surprisingly left the church. The congregation formed a search committee and split up the position into two where there is now one Choir Director and one Organist. I hope to work with the Choir Director to expand our Music Ministry at First UMC by singing to shut-in congregants, participating in concerts with other churches in the region, and by forming a more professional and musically stronger Chancel Choir and Handbell Choir.

I have achieved many goals in my short time at First UMC. I have successfully completed a stoplist of the organ and have uploaded it to the Organ Historical Society's Organ Database and am hopefully going to get it uploaded to the church's website soon. This will allow anyone to see the specifications of our organ and will make us more inviting for performers. Below, you can see some pictures and the stoplist that I have completed.

The Great Division