Instrumental

On top of playing organ and piano and singing in worship services, I have also experienced playing in many instrumental groups at Raleigh Court UMC (RCUMC). There are a wide variety of instruments that I have played, but the most helpful to my career would be handbells, trombone, and bass recorder.

I played handbells in RCUMC's youth handbell choir, "BELLievers," and our adult handbell choir, "JuBELLation." I had a wonderful time interacting and growing as a musician with these two groups. Handbell choirs really unite those who may not be comfortable singing in a choir and lets them display their talent in many worship services throughout the year. These two groups have also attended many conferences to work on technique and play in mass bell choirs. I am pictured with "BELLievers" here at a conference in our hometown.

I have also played trombone and bass recorder in RCUMC's Brass Group and Recorder Consort. These two groups add to the musical celebration on special holidays, such as Christmas and Easter.