About Me

I am a member of the class of 2018 at the Hayes School of Music of Appalachian State University. I am double majoring in Organ Performance and 

Sacred Music and also minoring in Religious Studies. In February of 2016, I was hired as Organist at First United Methodist Church in Lenoir, NC and play for weekly services and accompany choirs. Beginning my studies on the organ in 2010 and the piano in 2004, I am very skilled in music for these two instruments.

When I first came to Appalachian, I had originally wanted to become a Music Minister and play the organ, direct choirs, and be the head of a successful ministry of music in a large church after graduation. This is definitely still a goal of mine, however, my professors and mentors here in Boone have encouraged me to go farther with my career goals and to take my aspirations to the next level. In addition to being a Music Minister, I want to go to graduate school and earn my Master's and Doctorate degrees in Music. At this point, I am considering going to graduate school for Master's degrees in Musicology and Sacred Music.