Hi my name is Melissa Crew and I am a freshman studying International Business and German at Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina. I am a Raleigh native and am very thankful for all the experiences I have gained, growing up in a large, diverse city. Despite this, I am in love with Boone and the western North Carolina area, for it cultivates such a mellow and relaxed mind, which is something I think is essential to being a happy individual.

My interest in International Business was peaked first by my love to travel. The business part comes from when I read the following statement on the inside of a bathroom stall the first day of my freshman year of college. "Business is the enemy of art and life." This rather disgusted me, being extrememly passionate about both art and life. I solidified my decision to study International Business because I wanted to prove this person wrong. I believe that business is not evil and greedy, but the essence of art and life. Through my studies and future career, I wish to seek every pathway and opportunity to fufill my belief and share that belief with others.