First and foremost, my short-term goal is to pass the NCLEX and begin my career as a Registered Nurse. I accepted a position with Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and will be employed on the Medical Oncology Intensive Care Unit

At the beginning of nursing school, I had no idea as to what areas of study or patient populations interested me, so I approached the situation with an open mind. Throughout the course of the program, I discovered that I am not looking for a specific area in which to sow my passions. It is important that I find a staff or team that is supportive, encouraging, and enjoys benefiting others. My primary nursing goal is to learn and gain as much experience as possible so that I can provide extraordinary care everyday.

Working on an oncology unit will undoubtedly be stressful and emotional, but the rewards are countless. Helping a loving family to support, be present with, and understand the illness of a sick loved-one will be a triumph. 

I have future prospects of returning to school to pursue a Nurse Practitioner or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthestist degree. However, I intend to become proficient in my area of work before doing so. Until then, I hope to continue to seek out educational opportunities within the hospital. 

Picture retrieved from www.clipartkid.com