I wrote this argumentative paper under the instruction of Dr. Julie Pedersen, at Ashford University. The assignment was to read an article by Susan Wolf, “Confronting Physician-Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia: My Father’s Death, and research and write an argument based on whether or not we agreed with the practice of Euthanasia.  The article was based on the dilemmas Wolf faced regarding her deathly-ill father’s request to hasten his death.

My research concerning this topic, brought to surface many issues within the world of assisted-suicide. Writing this paper forced me to challenge otherwise well-protected moral, ethical, and religious concepts. Nevertheless, I still deemed the practice wrong. 

My strategies writing this paper were a lot different from the rhetorical analysis I would write a couple years later. Due to the assignment being an argumentative piece, my approach was to introduce my argument based on my personal beliefs. In addition, I attempted to back my personal claims up with researched facts, and even a little information from the article Wolf, herself, had written. I didn’t want to seem one-sided, and believe that a good paper is always open to consider another viewpoint, so I also listed research and evidence that was against my initial claims. I then, concluded with my initial argument. Below, you will find the actual assignment.

By God's Will Only

Life By Gods Will.pdf