My name is Anderson Clayton; no, not Anderson Cooper but close enough. I like to think it was a complete coincidence that I have the same first name as a famous journalist; still, I also aim to become one. I stumbled upon my love for journalism as a high school freshman when my mother “decided” it would be a good idea for me to take journalism as an elective. Naturally, I reacted the way any thirteen year old would—by throwing a hissy fit. Nevertheless, I joined that class, and for the next three years signed up voluntarily. 

Journalism gave me a sense of purpose. It tells me there is a reason and a place for curiosity in the world. It tells me it is perfectly acceptable to ask question after question. It tells me who I am. Journalism gave me my identity. I have come a long way since the thirteen-year-old version of myself—no longer questioning who I am and what I want to become—but rather knowing. I will continue to put every bit of my energy into journalism, and I will change the world by perfecting the written word.

Just me on the job during an interview!

All photos taken by Anderson Clayton (2014-2016) All Rights Reserved.