Presentation

First and foremost I define myself as a computer programmer and as a visionary into the future of the modern world. I have gave several presentations this year and   

I find that an awareness of audience is key to clear communication.

A presentation to fellow colleagues would differ significantly from a pitch to possible consumers of a product. I have been fortunate enough to have completed both this year. Colleagues are expecting more of the "how" whereas consumers are wondering "why." Colleagues are expecting high-level terminology and a look into the mechanics of a program or good. Consumers look more towards the outcome of the program or why the good is beneficial for their individual needs. My ability in design and understanding of software enables me to create visual representations of concepts. This is just another way I can pass knowledge to others clearly and in an interesting way.

Leadership

Being in charge of planning a large event as I have, you quickly learn to develop multiple skills. These skills include filling out necessary forms, keeping up with and assigning group tasks, and making sure if an issue arises a proper pathway is sought in order to solve a problem. This will be very vital in my career as a computer scientist. We will often work in groups on specific parts of a program then meet back to discuss progress and problems. We will rely on one another to understand the tasks at hand and communicate each step of the project. All of this I have already experienced. All of this I understand because I was in a leadership position.

Organization

Planning, scheduling, meeting deadlines, and coordinating resources have become valuable assets in my life due to my experiences in both work and service projects. My friends often laugh at me whenever the question, "What are you doing today?" arises. My calender is full of eventsand meetings I attend. I would not have my life any other way.

Time is the most valuable commodity on Earth. It is priceless and cannot be recovered once it is lost. I go into every project with this mindset. 

Dealing with multiple committees as I have, required up-most care in ensuring deadlines were met. Coordination between those internal resources and utilizing external resources such as peers, colleagues, and organizations was critical. The same will apply in the continuation of my college career on into my professional career.